The New Inklings may disagree on a lot of things, but ignorance regardless of faith will not be tolerated. Here be the Pub Rules:
- Thou shalt remember that comments are moderated. To participate, you will be required to sign in with a valid email (which won’t be publicized). We will review comments before posting them publicly. If we deem your comment to be inappropriate (see #2 and #3), we reserve the right to delete your comment. Remember, you’re our guests, not the other way around.
- Thou shalt not troll. Blogs about religion are notorious for attracting trolls. Trolls will post inflammatory remarks or off-the-subject comments in order to induce an emotional reaction. If you’re determined to be a troll, you will be blacklisted.
- Thou shalt respect other participants in the discussion. It is possible to disagree with someone without being disagreeable. For example, there’s a big difference between, “Christians are so stupid because…” and “Christians should really consider…”, or “I can’t believe an atheist would be so dumb to…” and “Maybe atheists should think about…” Disagree without making it personal. If it becomes personal, prepare to pack your bags.
- Thou shalt receive a fair warning if ye break the pub rules. We realize that discussions can sometimes get heated. If you break a pub rule, don’t worry. You’ll be shown grace. Just don’t make it a habit, because…
- Thou shalt be booted off the site if ye continue to break the pub rules. Nothing ruins a lively discussion than someone who can’t play nice. If you refuse to play nice, you’ll have to find another blog to bother.
- Thou shalt have a good time.Whoever said, “You can’t talk about religion or politics,” probably never had a good, hearty discussion on either. So play nice and have fun.
The New Inklings